Are you looking to make a difference? Team up with Gift of Hope!
Gift of Hope is dedicated to coordinating organ and tissue donation in the northern three-quarters of Illinois and NW Indiana. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service to families and hospitals as we strive to fulfill our mission of saving and enhancing the lives of as many people as possible through organ and tissue donation.
The Donor Resource Coordinator - Authorization Specialist contacts family members of potential tissue and/or eye donors to request authorization of tissue donation and to conduct medical/social history interviews.
NOTE: This is a Night Shift position (7 PM - 7 AM) with a fixed, rotating schedule that includes alternating weekends.
The following essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Compassionately provide benefits of donation to next of kin
• Update relevant internal and external stakeholders on status of active referrals
• Coordinate logistics when necessary on active tissue referrals
• Communicate accurate referral information with the appropriate on-call AOC
• Conduct and obtain telephone authorization from potential donor families for tissue and eye donation; complete necessary paperwork
• Conduct medical/social history interview according to protocol and complete necessary paperwork
Education and Training Required
The following identifies the minimum education and training required to perform the essential functions of
Experience and Skills Required
The following indicates the minimum skills and experience required to perform the essential functions of the job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of the job