Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the Health Sciences, or Certification in one of the Health Sciences with a minimum of two years’ experience such as: RN, EMT/Paramedic, Respiratory Therapist, or Certified Surgical Technologist, or equivalent work experience
Experience and Skills Required
The following indicates the minimum skills and experience required to perform the essential functions of the job:
- Experience with interpretation of lab values, diagnostic testing, and medical terminology
- Experience working with and understanding sterile technique
- Basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to ensure machine perfusion is performed under sterile conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work a 12 hour on-call schedule a minimum of 14 days per month, which includes two weekends per month and rotating every other holiday
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours
- Visual acuity to read and monitor equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. of equipment from ground level to table-top level
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, and kneel to perform job functions
- Ability to hear and speak to convey information to co-workers, and hospital staff
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that will be encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Work a rotating 12-hour call schedule
- This is a nights position, from 7 PM - 7 AM
- Work a minimum of 2 weekends per month while on the call schedule, as well as every other holiday
- Work in in-house perfusion lab
- Work in professional office environment